Location: Main Location
We are seeking highly organized self-starters who will be in charge of identifying, planning and coordinating over the road shipments for our customers.
As an entry level Freight Brokerage Dispatcher, you will find carriers for customer shipments, negotiate freight rates, book shipments, track and trace shipments, and other general office duties.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Dispatch shipments by contacting carriers and setting a price for the freight movement in order to best service the customer.
- Track shipments to ensure all load requirements are met.
- Find and develop qualified new carriers.
- Negotiate with carriers to procure the best rate available and the optimal service time.
- Understand the changing market from weekly to hourly in order for all shipments to be moved in a timely manner.
- Be the first contact for customer service with shippers and receivers as well as with the carriers.
- Negotiate all accessorial charges down to the minimum to maximize profit margin.
- Proficient verbal and written communications skills
- Superior customer service with excellent telephone skills.
- Must possess the aptitude to plan, organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and have a positive attitude.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office programs, including Excel and Word software.
- Fast-paced office environment with casual dress code.